Please report any absences to Ms. Susie Munoz by email: [email protected] or call Call (323) 787-4596
School starts at 7:45 a.m. (ON CAMPUS)
All students must attend school every day and on time. You are considered late and will be marked tardy any time after 7:50 a.m.
Students will be placed in the Late Room if they are not in class by 7:50 am. The Late Room is in Room A1.
Attendance is taken 5 times a day. (Every class period takes attendance)
If a student will be absent please call our Attendance Technician Ms. Susie Munoz at the Attendance Office at (323)887-3005. A student calling in an absence will NOT BE ACCEPTED.
If an absent note is sent with the student; the note needs to have:
- First and Last Name of Student
- Date of absence
- Reason for the absence
- Name, signature, and relationship of the person writing the note.
A Doctor's note is required if the student is absent for 3 or more days consecutively.
Any absent note from a parent and/or doctor needs to be turned into the attendance office in the morning to get a re-admit card and present it to every teacher.
Policies for Permission to Leave School
Permission to leave school grounds during school hours is given in the front office.
- ONLY parents or guardians can request a permit to leave campus.
- Parents, guardians, or people listed on the emergency card Must come to the office and present their Valid Identification Card.
- No STUDENT WILL BE ALLOWED TO WALK HOME WITHOUT PARENT CONSENT.
- Students 18 years or older must also have parent or guardian consent to leave school grounds.
- Vail High School is a closed campus.